Jack Webster Award Submissions
Deadline for submissions is June 30, 2013.
- BC-based journalists reporting for BC news organizations on stories for BC audiences are eligible to enter the 2013 Jack Webster Awards. Such journalists reporting in departments including news, sports, arts, business, etc. should enter their best work into the appropriate news, feature, community, commentary or multimedia categories or defined categories such as business, science or legal reporting.
- Entries published or aired between June 1, 2012 and May 31, 2013 are eligible. Entries may be submitted by a journalist or team of journalists working in print, radio, TV, and online media.
- There are no restrictions as to the number of stories that may be submitted. Please note that a story or series may be entered in only one category. An online submission form is required for each submission. Please complete at jackwebster.com/submitnow.
Notes for 2013
- Enter your submission online
- Jack Webster Award for Digital Journalism – This award recognizes outstanding BC-based journalism that maximizes the creative use of digital tools and platforms - text, videos, audio, slideshows, interactivity, data and social media etc - to tell a story of interest to British Columbians.
Please click here to view the award categories and their descriptions.
Please include in your submission:
- Synopsis: For all entries: A pdf, word or text document providing a brief synopsis (about 200 words) about the submission, explaining the story's background, significance, impact and any other information you consider pertinent.
- For newspaper or magazine printed entries:
- a pdf showing the actual page(s) on which your work was published. If the pdf is not easily readable, please attach a pdf, word or text document of the text of your published story
- For radio entries, an MP3 audio file no greater than 2GB in size – maximum 60 minutes unedited presented as a 60 minute
- For TV entries, a video in the following formats: .avi, .flv,.m4v, .mov, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg. no greater than 2GB in size
- For digital entries: provide your URL
- For online text-based submissions:
- a screen grab as your story was displayed or provide a URL. If the screen grab is not readable, please attach a pdf, word or text document of the text of your published story
- for entries to the commentator category, please upload up to five examples of work either on a single topic or on several topics
Before you complete your Awards Submission, we recommend that you review the Technical Guidelines in order to prepare the media file (print, audio, video, or online) that you are required to upload prior to the submission deadline.
If uploading your submission is not possible, please contact the Jack Webster Foundation office for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page on the Jack Webster Foundation webite.